ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

DVD Files (.m2v and .ac3) not encoding correctly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariella FurmanDVD Files (.m2v and .ac3) not encoding correctly
by on Apr 13, 2016 at 4:23:51 pm

Hello! I am using Adobe Media Encoder to create DVD files (fitting 120 mins on a disk) and it creates the 2 files and it says "Successful". However, the files it creates are a DIFFERENT time length than the actual raw Quicktime file. Or even when I export the DVD files from my timeline, it still ends up being a different time. In the case of my one export, the DVD file was only 39 minutes long when the timeline was 47 minutes long. I am marking my Out point correctly. In the case of my other export, it was only 50 minutes in length and the DVD file was 1 hour and 1 minute in length. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: DVD Files (.m2v and .ac3) not encoding correctly
by on Apr 13, 2016 at 5:50:55 pm

I've never tried using Media Encoder to directly make MPEG-2 DVD files. Rather, I am exporting from the Premiere timeline and have never had any issues. Import your .mov file into Premiere, drop clip on timeline, and export to MPEG-2 DVD.

What is the frame rate of raw file?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Ariella FurmanRe: DVD Files (.m2v and .ac3) not encoding correctly
by on Apr 13, 2016 at 11:02:59 pm

Thank you for your response! Hmm, my preference is to throw everything into Queue so that I can encode both the high rez file and the DVD file at the same time while I am away from my desk, so that when I come back in the next day I can just start on a new edit. The video settings are 29.97 and the DVD settings are also 29.97. Has anyone else had this issue before? Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]