ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

About to start cutting a spot in RIO on a Mac Pro trashcan and Premiere Pro... thinking about bringing my SSD to boot from, good idea?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan RobertsAbout to start cutting a spot in RIO on a Mac Pro trashcan and Premiere Pro... thinking about bringing my SSD to boot from, good idea?
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 3:38:06 pm

Hi all,

Cutting a spot in a week in Rio. They have a Mac Pro setup for me and I'm thinking about bringing my internal SSD hard drive (I'm still happily cutting along on my 2009 Mac Pro tower with GTX 780 :) ) in an external enclosure and booting the mac pro from that external enclosure (so I have all my familiar applications, files, email etc.). I haven't really gone this approach before... is there anything I need to be wary of with this? Should the external enclosure be Thunderbolt to boot from for best performance I'm assuming? Thanks for any insights...

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: About to start cutting a spot in RIO on a Mac Pro trashcan and Premiere Pro... thinking about bringing my SSD to boot from, good idea?
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 4:33:34 pm

If you leave them with a project in which you used your plugins and apps they don't have that will backfire on you. Don't you have a web-based email app or smartphone that allows you to access all your emails?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bryan RobertsRe: About to start cutting a spot in RIO on a Mac Pro trashcan and Premiere Pro... thinking about bringing my SSD to boot from, good idea?
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 9:02:13 pm

They're renting the bay and I'm walking once I deliver an uncompressed quicktime for them to CC. I'm used to steering clear of non standard plugins anyways as I regularly send projects to post houses who have a mirror drive of a projects media. This one I just have to be on location cutting.

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]