ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa HansenStill images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 8:32:30 am

I've been working on a project for a while now, but now there's been a problem which I simply can't resolve.

The video in premiere pro you cant see the flickering there until you've rendered the video itself.
and also a another thing that it's only some of the images in the video who are flickering,and all are the same type of images (JPEG), downloaded form the same site as well.
And I simply dont know why this problem appears, I've tried changing format, from mp4 to mov, and with different presets as well, and it still keeps appearing.

Please, I'm desperate, I need this to be done by FRIDAY THIS WEEK!

I hope someone knows a solution on this problem.
I'll upload a small part of the video to see what the problem is about.

9968_problem.mp4.zip

Lisa

Return to posts index

Lisa HansenRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 1:38:02 pm

Update from last, apparently if I change the project settings to Mecury playback software only, the problem dissapears, but then when I'm going to render, it comes up with an error that it can't render, and the playback screen wont show up at all, and above the timeline is a red line :/,

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 4:23:48 pm

Found that this has happened quite often in the past, so I was going to suggest a Google search, but it looks like you may have already done that if you tried turning off the Mercury Playback.

My next action would be to try encoding to another format, just to see if it's a codec issue.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Tom BlizzardRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 12, 2016 at 11:13:00 am

I use a lot of stills and I've noticed that same thing. However, when exported the flicker goes away in the export. Are you viewing your rendered file at half resolution? If so,I've seen it there too. Try full resolution preview.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 7:15:42 pm

What do you mean by "flickering"? Can you post a sample?

Gary

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 8:06:13 pm

There's one included in her original post.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 12, 2016 at 2:24:37 am

it might be the flickering adjustment layer bug. can you apply effects to an adjustment layer or to layers directly?
are you using leave color effect?
it looks like the transition effect is causing it. can you apply it to adjustment layer or directly to clip?

-try pre-rendering a small section with media encoder to prores or DnxHD before importing into premiere.(just to be codec safe)

-try turning sequence settings on to maximum bit depth and maximum render quality
-composite in linear color
-export media, video tab - render at maximum bit depth renderer(CPU) to DnxHD with a small test

you might need to contact adobe tech team and have them remote in to fix it. This is an adobe bug I think.
https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/customer-support.html

there is also a content forum team here that is user to user based, but adobe ocassionly pops in.
https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/content

Return to posts index

Lisa HansenRe: Still images flickering after rendering [NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FRIDAY!!!]
by on Apr 12, 2016 at 1:46:03 pm

Thank you all for the suggestions, but by the looks of it the only way that it works is that I change the render in project settings, I've tried all the suggestions posted here, but still no results unfortunately. So I'll properly stick to this "solution", as I think the only way is to start all over again, and I don't have the time for that.

But new suggestions are still welcome though :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]