ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Correcting overexposure/crushed footage with curves. What strategy? RGB, Luma or Lumetri curve?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZCorrecting overexposure/crushed footage with curves. What strategy? RGB, Luma or Lumetri curve?
by on Apr 9, 2016 at 5:13:04 am
Last Edited By JonZ MarZ on Apr 9, 2016 at 5:13:58 am

I found that Luma curve, RGB curve and the RGB curve from the Lumetri panel gives different results when correcting overexposed or crushed shots.

Luma curve adjust the luminosity only leaving saturation where is at, then using fast color correction Saturation to boost the saturation.

RGB white curve probably adjust the chroma (??), it take care of everything luma and saturation at the same time.

The rgb curve from the Lumetri panel seems to give a different result as well. Not sure about this one, seems like chroma but it just not giving the same result as RGB curve.

So what's the best to use here for color correction? or for matching lightning? I feel like shooting in the dark. Seems like for over exposed shots it best to use Luma curve and adjust saturation manually and for crushed footage, it seems like RGB curves works best and no need to adjust the saturation. I'm uncertain how the Lumetri curve is reliable since it give different results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]