ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro preview/references colors doesn't match final output on many formats.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZPremiere Pro preview/references colors doesn't match final output on many formats.
by on Apr 9, 2016 at 4:02:44 am
Last Edited By JonZ MarZ on Apr 9, 2016 at 4:04:41 am

I noticed that my renders were a tad darker and less saturated than my timeline build. The codec I used most is H.264 (not Quicktime, the native H.264). I tried max settings and nothing does to fix it. Here's the catch; Comparing the Youtube screenshots and VLC screenshots I can clearly see the differences, but if I import the H.264 file into the timeline and overlap the h.264 over the reference shot, the colors are matching.

Worse, I did a test with several lossless codec, 8 and 10 bits, and most of them had the same darker result, but none if I overlap them in the source reference. I however tried Lagarith codec (RGB) and it was the only one that could match my premiere pro reference either on Youtube or on VLC. Couldn't test Lagarith YUV2 because it seems like Premiere doesn't support it properly (only showing a black screen).

Obviously the files are too gigantic to use Lagarith. I still want to use h.264 if that's possible.

What can I do here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]