ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC: I can only preview clips on the top video track when trimming them

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew WoodPremiere CC: I can only preview clips on the top video track when trimming them
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 12:49:44 pm

I am editing wedding films, with up to 4 camera angles in a sequence. I haven't found a way to use multicam editor very efficiently, so am used to simply cutting between clips on a regular timeline sequence.

This has been fine on CC until I tried to trim a clip, using the program monitor (preview window?) to allow me to continue to preview the clip and see where I want to trim the clip to- for example, if I am trimming a clip that is in the track that is third from the top, it will only allow me to preview said clip so long as there is no higher clip in the timeline at that point- that is unless I manually toggle the "track output" icon for each of the higher tracks that have video content at that point- something which would be very time consuming.

CS6 allowed for lower tracks to be previewed when trimming regardless of the clips in higher tracks- is there a setting for CC to allow me to revert back to this way of editing?

I would much prefer to stick to this way of editing as opposed to using the multicam editor, which doesn't work well for our workflow.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Premiere CC: I can only preview clips on the top video track when trimming them
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 7:59:32 pm

Turn off
compostingpreviewduringtrim.png

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodRe: Premiere CC: I can only preview clips on the top video track when trimming them
by on Apr 6, 2016 at 8:59:53 am

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]