ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multiclipped Audio Waveform

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludmil KazakovMulticlipped Audio Waveform
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 6:13:34 pm

this is driving me crazy. i made one multiclip and the waveform shows, but then for the rest it doesnt.. even if the number of tracks are the same... i quickly need to finish all those multiclips.. any ideas?

9937_multiclips.tiff.zip

Return to posts index

Ludmil KazakovRe: Multiclipped Audio Waveform
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 6:14:26 pm

sorry here is the screenshot

Return to posts index

by on Apr 1, 2016 at 6:32:06 pm

PS.. i just noticed that when i delete the preview files the audio waveform on the new timeline form multicamera sequence goes away..

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multiclipped Audio Waveform
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 1:41:13 pm

Multiclip waveforms can be problematic, especially if your using the "camera one" choice for audio when creating the multiclips. My first suggestion is to right click on the audio and make sure "multicam" is "enabled" for the clip. Sometimes this gets disabled and then the waveform disappears. Try that and post your results.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2016 at 4:32:34 pm

in most cases there are 2 cameras and external audio source..

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: Multiclipped Audio Waveform
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 5:43:34 pm

Have you tried "Render Audio" under Sequence?
Give that a shot and report back.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multiclipped Audio Waveform
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 6:20:31 pm

[Ludmil Kazakov] "in most cases there are 2 cameras and external audio source.."

When you made the multiclip did you select "single camera" in the audio section of the "make multiclip" dialogue? I'm guessing you did. While this selection is the best for double system audio it is also the one that has the most problems with waveforms. Have you right clicked on the bad ausio files to see if "multicam" is "enabled."

My next question is about the audio source - is it .wav or .aif. If it's .wav, that might be the problem and the solution might be to translate it to .aif with something like Audition.

The other problem may simply be a corrupted sequence, in which case you need to clear your CC cache and re-create all your waveforms. This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2016 at 6:26:19 pm

There is a bug with the multclips an its been bugging me a whole lot..

its a 2 camera setup.. i delete the camera audio so there are no 9 audio tracks.. in some cases audio shows in timeline in some it doesnt. everything is synced with plural eyes then i copy the media from there and paste it in the multiclip file.

when i change the settings to ProRes 422 on the plural eyes sequence, preview files are deleted.. and with that the audio waveform… when i trhow the multiclip on a sequence and disable and then enable the multi clip, the audio appears. not in all cases.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]