ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniele VioliWhat's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 1:07:02 pm

First post, big fan, always found best discussions on creativecow, love you guys.

What's that type of editing style / workflow where you have all your clips in linear order on the timeline and then do your selection/cuts/arrangement directly from the material? I know it has a specific name because I once saw a video tutorial about it, can't find it now, where this style was used. I'm not sure how to properly utilise this workflow but I believe it's what i need to do for my project. I'd like to find those tutorials.

I'm syncing one video with multiple audio recordings (perhaps using pluraleyes and exporting xml) and I feel that this is the only way to have my material synced all at once without working with individual clips. It's a documentary so there's lots of footage, I don't want to go insane...

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 5:07:54 pm

Hmmm...harkening back to film days....a KEM roll? Meaning when you put all of your selects and synced footage on one roll, and put it on a KEM (film editing bench) and cut from that?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John KaleyRe: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 5:16:02 pm

Google "Pancake timeline in Premiere"

Return to posts index

Daniele VioliRe: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by on Apr 6, 2016 at 10:37:00 am

Yes, Pancake editing it is! Thanks dude

Return to posts index

Mike janowskiRe: What's that style of editing where you dump all clips linearly in one sequence?
by on Apr 7, 2016 at 2:03:17 pm

Is there a low-carb version of this? ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]