ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Kudos to Chris Wright

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron CraigKudos to Chris Wright
by on Mar 31, 2016 at 6:40:19 pm
Last Edited By Ron Craig on Mar 31, 2016 at 8:31:39 pm

I am so thankful to Chris Wright for helping me out with a problem on which I had wasted nearly three very frustrating days. I needed to be able to color grade footage from a Canon C300 MkII and, fortunately, Canon provides LUTs for that on their website. But I could not get them to work. Premiere/Lumetri didn't see them, no luck in SpeedGrade or After Effects. I was trying all kinds of things with no success and a needed an answer.

The answer was Chris Wright, who responded to my post here asking for help and directed me to a web page of his/her own. There I found this story: She?/He? had faced the same problem as me (and many others, I assume) and through further research (s)he discovered that the Canon LUTs are PC only. (S)he and I are on Macs. Chris didn't get blocked. As (s)he explains:

"So I dug a little deeper and found an ambiguous comment online on how to adjust one line of code in each pre-set to get them to import (in Apple machines). I did that and now we have sweet sweet LUTS. But since this was such a nightmare I decided to make it a bit easier for you."

Yes you did and thank you, Chris. The adjusted LUT files you posted work like a charm and turned a very frustrated guy into one happy soul.

My experience getting that help is exemplary of why I have been a COW person for so many years and, more broadly, shows the kind of good the Internet can do when we have colleagues like Chris helping out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]