ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Opens on Black Screen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chip BurnsPremiere Pro Opens on Black Screen
by on Mar 30, 2016 at 4:16:15 pm

I've recently had a crippling new problem in Adobe Premiere. When I work on a project from my Macbook and then reopen the project from my iMac, the project opens to an entirely black screen.

To be clear, it opens... but the screen stays black. Like this --

I have no idea what to do about this. It is a terrible problem that I hope someone here can address.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Premiere Pro Opens on Black Screen
by on Mar 31, 2016 at 3:51:15 am

hello there,

does premiere open ok at startup then crash when project loads?
any other projects load?

1. open project in another project and import sequence
2. software renderer/cuda
3. delete preferences
4. does it work if you save it and open it again in macbook?
5. is it video codec related?

Return to posts index

Chip BurnsRe: Premiere Pro Opens on Black Screen
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 2:42:43 pm

No, the project doesn't really crash -- it just opens to a black screen. Most options are greyed out on the top toolbar and it seems like the interface doesn't load.

It doesn't seem to be codec related and it does open fine on the Macbook.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 1, 2016 at 3:43:43 pm

Is it just that project? that could give an indication if its just "that" project or a driver issue. You need to isolate the variables.

Return to posts index

Chip BurnsRe: Premiere Pro Opens on Black Screen
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 3:45:59 pm

No this is an ongoing problem with many projects that have been brought over to the Macbook.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 1, 2016 at 3:55:23 pm

Try a very simple project with no 3rd party plugins, codecs, luts, then see if that even imports successfully at all. it could be missing those, so that's the next variable.

you may also want to try adobe cleaner to do a fresh install with the latest os updates. but technically, I would hold off until you get further variables isolated.

also post as many specs as you can about your OS, adobe versions, effects used, so others can help you. I am walking completely in the dark here.

Return to posts index

Andrew KlubertanzRe: Premiere Pro Opens on Black Screen
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 5:15:42 pm

Not sure if you have found the solution, but in case anyone else is looking here's how I fixed it.

The issue is with the project settings for the video renderer, in my case I was migrating projects from a machine that did not have CUDA support to one that did. I wasn't able to change the setting with the 'blacked out' project file, so instead the project file was imported into a new one and before opening any sequences changed: File -> Project Settings -> General and under "Video Rendering and Playback" selecting "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" then I was able to open the sequences without everything blacking out, after I changed the renderer back to CUDA support.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]