ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Time Remapping Nested Sequence Failing, Going Blank (Black Screen)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam PetschulatTime Remapping Nested Sequence Failing, Going Blank (Black Screen)
by on Mar 28, 2016 at 3:12:25 pm

hello, i am having a problem with time remapping in Adobe Premiere Pro CC v9.2.

I have a nested sequence that I am trying to time remap, so that it speeds up over time. so i'm using time remapping with several keyframes so that the speed varies over time. This nested sequence consists of about 50 clips, each 1-2 seconds long. my problem is that at certain speeds of time remapping (as it gets faster), the sequence cuts out entirely, displaying only a black screen. even when i pre-render the section, this black screen still appears. i can scrub to earlier in the sequence, when the time remapping is slower, and it plays, but then when it gets to a section where the time remapping is faster, it cuts out. I'm hoping there's a way around this, because i want to be able to speed my nested sequence up much more than i am currently able to. any advice on what might be causing this problem?

- sam p

Return to posts index

Sam PetschulatRe: Time Remapping Nested Sequence Failing, Going Blank (Black Screen)
by on Mar 28, 2016 at 3:42:31 pm

also, i tried doing an export to see if this was maybe just a problem within Premiere, but the video cuts out in the full export as well (using AME).

- sam p

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Time Remapping Nested Sequence Failing, Going Blank (Black Screen)
by on Mar 28, 2016 at 3:53:33 pm

Expecting a complex nested sequence to behave as expected with complex time remapping is simply overly ambitious.

On the other hand, time remapping using an exported file should work just fine, so I would have to assume that you have most likely added a bad keyframe somewhere.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Sam PetschulatRe: Time Remapping Nested Sequence Failing, Going Blank (Black Screen)
by on Mar 28, 2016 at 4:02:59 pm

to clarify, i meant than exporting the broken footage was still appearing broken. now i'm going back and exporting the original nested sequence at it's original time and i'm going to try to time remap that.

- sam p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]