ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sequence & Export Settings for Instagram?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AlansmithSequence & Export Settings for Instagram?
by on Mar 27, 2016 at 10:31:17 pm

I'm looking to edit on PP and then export to Instagram via Dropbox on Android. Right now, I'm getting errors when trying to upload the video. Settings I'm using are:

1080x1080, 29.97, progressive, square px, h264 export, profile Main @ 5.1, bit rate (tried many) ~7mb/s, final file size less than 15mb, audio AAC 44.1 / mono (tried stereo).

Any idea what I'm missing?

-A

Return to posts index

AlansmithRe: Sequence & Export Settings for Instagram?
by on Mar 28, 2016 at 1:16:57 am

For future folks looking for answers:

It seems there is an issue with using Dropbox as the intermediate to move the file to Instagram. One cannot (for some reason) upload to IG directly from the desktop. In the past, I have used the upload-> Other-> Dropbox from within the IG phone app, but this apparently no longer works (possibly just on Android, my platform). A little info here:
http://www.socmedsean.com/solved-posting-photos-to-instagram-from-your-desk...
(at the bottom, in a quote)
So, the workaround is to put into dropbox, but then in the dropbox app download to the phone (to do this: in the app, click and hold the file, top right corner (three vertical dots) click and select 'Save to device'. Select the 'Movies' folder. Then, in Instagram, upload as usual and you should see the item as an option.

-A

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]