ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

DV capture over Firewire not working properly on latest PPro CC (Mac)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth RandallDV capture over Firewire not working properly on latest PPro CC (Mac)
by on Mar 25, 2016 at 11:16:40 pm
Last Edited By Gareth Randall on Mar 25, 2016 at 11:40:57 pm

I'm running the trial version of PPro CC 2015 on my home Mac (OSX 10.11.3). I'm an experienced PPro user at work, but this is the first time I've tried it on my machine at home.

Everything works fine except for capture. I'm trying to capture VHS tapes to DV by passing them through my camcorder to do the real-time conversion to digital. The camera is connected to my Mac via Firewire (of course).

Everything works just fine when using the QT7 Pro capture tool, but that limits you to a specific capture duration that doesn't seem to be adjustable. So I thought I'd try the PPro trial.

Long story short, everything looks fine, I've got the capture setting on "DV", device control OFF and I'm seeing and hearing the incoming video and audio in the capture window. But when I click the record button, it just sits there. The capture duration doesn't increment, and when I stop the capture, I get an error saying "Recorder captured no frames".

Is it because it's only the trial version? I couldn't see any reference to this being a limitation. I can't find any settings that might help, and it's especially annoying because the incoming video and audio are right there in the preview window and the audio level meters are moving. It's definitely seeing the incoming video, it's just not capturing it.

Any advice welcome...

EDIT - I got it to work by switching the camcorder off, closing and then re-opening the capture window, and turning the camcorder back on. But that only worked the one time, and after I tried to restart capture after stopping, I was back to square one. Trying the same trick again didn't work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]