ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Applying card folder name to clip names for massive documentary style projects ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie WalunasApplying card folder name to clip names for massive documentary style projects ?
by on Mar 25, 2016 at 4:32:59 pm

Is it possible to apply card folder names as a prefix to clip names on complex card folder structures?

The desired results would be something like this, etc.:
"DATE_NAME/LOCATION_CAMERA_CARD#_clip-name-AA0001"
"DATE_NAME/LOCATION_CAMERA_CARD#_clip-name-AA0002"
"DATE_NAME/LOCATION_CAMERA_CARD#_clip-name-AA0003"

I know it's possible to Batch Rename clips for camera formats such as DSLRs and GoPro before the media gets Imported, but what about more complex card structures such as the C300 or Sony FS7, etc.

This would be for a massive documentary project(s) with shoots multiple times per day for months and counting. The name structure is something I was able to achieve, and many others have done so, with Avid and FCP7. It was a great way to keep things organized an in perspective when editing.

The other catch is that this would be a low res to high res workflow.

Is there anyway to achieve this kind of workflow using DaVinci Resolve to transcode the dailies, send to Premiere, then back to Resolve for the upres (reconnecting to original camera master) and color in Resolve, send back to Premiere again for final output, etc.?

I've been looking for resources, but there seems to be few answers or similar workflows.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]