ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Export Progressive Sequence as Interlaced

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick SleeExport Progressive Sequence as Interlaced
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 5:09:08 am

Hi all,

This might seem counter-productive but hopefully this will make sense. I was editor on a chap's web series which was then picked up by a small local TV station (yay me and my fledgling career). Now, it was shot and edited in 1080p25 but the specs given to us by the broadcaster specify 576i50 (Australia is WAY behind the 8 ball in broadcasting HD - we've only just started in the last few months on a couple of channels).

So, to meet their requirements, I was going through Premiere's output settings (I'm on CS5 by the way) and while I can set everything else, it still says the output will be 25fps Progressive when I need it to be Interlaced. I know that it shouldn't make any difference and that both fields will be displaying the same image but they won't accept a progressive file so that's what needs to happen.

Any ideas, chums?

Return to posts index

Pierpaolo FerlainoRe: Export Progressive Sequence as Interlaced
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 10:00:05 am

That sounds weird... what are your export settings?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Export Progressive Sequence as Interlaced
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 10:04:40 am

Take a screenshot of your export settings.

Return to posts index

Patrick SleeRe: Export Progressive Sequence as Interlaced
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 10:29:42 am

I managed to get it to change from "Progressive" to "Upper" (just needed an extra click to update) but I'm not sure how to check whether it'll be read as an interlaced file. My settings are below:

I also seem to have some issues with the output file. A couple of the still images seem noticeably blockier and one of them's been chopped in half. Examples:

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2016 at 10:45:44 am

Okay, I seem to have fixed my weird quality issue (h.264 level set to 3.1 rather than 5.1 for some reason) but I'm still not sure of how to check that it is actually interlaced.

Return to posts index

Pierpaolo FerlainoRe: Export Progressive Sequence as Interlaced
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 10:56:56 am
Last Edited By Pierpaolo Ferlaino on Mar 23, 2016 at 11:03:38 am

To check the fields metadata you can use imedia hud (mac only) or media info . You can also import the file back to premiere and look at the native fields interpretation using "interpret footage"...

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2016 at 11:06:45 am

Thanks for putting me onto iMedia - that's a cracker of a program. I've been looking for a nice easy one just like it. And I checked and it was interlaced. Thanks for all your help - I really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2016 at 3:56:35 pm

Okay, scratch everything. Changing it to Level 5.1 turned it Progressive and HD which I can't change. So I'm back to square 1. Original question still stands.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]