ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Post Notes -- Installing extensions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WithersPost Notes -- Installing extensions
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:39:58 pm

I got intrigued by this extension called Post Notes --see http://www.premierebro.com/blog/post-notes-extension-for-premiere-pro-cc --which is supposed to allow text notes and to-do lists for sequences. (As distinct from sequence markers.) But I can't install it -- either with the recommended ZXPInstaller or with Adobe Extensions Manager -- to either of the CC editions I use, CC 7.2.2 or CC2014. It seems to install into the right folder, but doesn't show up in PR.
Does anybody use this, or know how to get it installed? It seems so much more straightforward for incorporating notes attached to sequences than clumsy marker manipulations.
Thanks.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Post Notes -- Installing extensions
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:42:36 pm

I just started using it the other day with CC2015 and ZXPInstaller to install it. It shows up under Window->Extensions along with the rest of my extensions. Is this the only extension you have that doesn't want to install?

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Post Notes -- Installing extensions
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 6:20:39 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe it's working for folks with CC 2015 or later. Though the developer said it should work with the CC2013 and CC2014 that I'm using. I'm not using any extensions, but am using Red Giant plug-ins.

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Post Notes -- Installing extensions
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 9:24:54 pm

Not to ask a silly question, but in PPro when you go the Windows->Extensions the Post Notes extension does not show up, correct?

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Post Notes -- Installing extensions
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 5:49:24 pm

In CC2013 the only thing that shows up in Windows>Extensions is >Adobe Exchange.
In CC2014 the >Extensions line is grayed out.

Yet in the finder the extension app appears as /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/com.ivoreemint.postNotes.zxp

which is how the developer says it's supposed to be.

There's another folder in there . . . com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular -- don't know what that is.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]