ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Shortcut to looking for sequences in the project panel.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor GauthierShortcut to looking for sequences in the project panel.
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 5:17:30 pm

I lost a sequence in a rather large project that has multiple timelines and a large amount of file types. Now my project is organized but I cannot find the sequence I am looking for.

Is there a way in premiere to show only the sequences, similar to in photoshop you can show just a certain type of layer. I could swear I have done this before in premiere but I could be wrong. Maybe I am crazy. I can look the slow way by opening every bin but I am curious to know if there is a faster way.

My fear is that I may have accidentally deleted the sequence and didn't notice because you don't need to confirm that you want it deleted. I know I have done this in the past where I selected an effect and placed it onto the timeline and gone back to the effect presets and found that I renamed my effect with a bunch of random letters and symbols.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Shortcut to looking for sequences in the project panel.
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 5:28:01 pm

Type sequence in the project panel search box.

Return to posts index

Trevor GauthierRe: Shortcut to looking for sequences in the project panel.
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 5:33:43 pm

Thanks. That works even better!

Return to posts index

Trevor GauthierRe: Shortcut to looking for sequences in the project panel.
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 5:32:34 pm

Word to the wise...remember what you called the file before you go looking for it.

I did find a solution to my own question. So I figured I would post a reply for those who may have the same inquiry.

If you happen to know the correct file name for a folder or sequence or file and only want to show those files click on the folder with the magnifying glass.

It then creates a search folder with just things with that file name. It would have worked for me had I realized my file was called "feb" not march....MONDAYS!

My other piece of advice is AUTOSAVE IS YOUR FRIEND. I realized my mistake by opening past autosaved projects until I reached a save where I still had the project in question open and realized my error. Lucky for me it was recent timeline I was working on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]