ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Using CC to edit on MacBook and iMac

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
barry snikrapUsing CC to edit on MacBook and iMac
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 1:11:00 am

I have a subscription to Adobe CC which is a student one. I am about to start the edit of my final film at university. Although I will be doing a lot of work in the editing suite at uni, using Premiere CC on an iMac, I also want the option to be able to work on my MacBook Retinah on evenings. Should there be a problem opening up my project between the two machines as long as they both have the latest updates from CC? I dont want to risk starting on one machine and then not being able to open it up on the other, or even risk losing the work.

Thanks a lot

Barry

Return to posts index

Kannan RaghavanRe: Using CC to edit on MacBook and iMac
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 2:02:20 am

Hey Barry,
I do this all the time. I make sure that any media I add/import on one system, is also imported to my 2nd system. I just copy the latest project file between the two systems using Dropbox.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Using CC to edit on MacBook and iMac
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 6:05:27 am

You can have one Creative Cloud account activated on two different machines simultaneously.

Return to posts index

Pierpaolo FerlainoRe: Using CC to edit on MacBook and iMac
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 8:24:04 am
Last Edited By Pierpaolo Ferlaino on Mar 21, 2016 at 8:29:51 am

As long as the two machines have the same version of cc and you laptop is powerful enough to deal with your footage you won't have any problem. Just work on an external hard drive so you can easily move between the two systems and don't forget to backup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]