ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP CC 2015 losing render files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Bromley-DavenportPP CC 2015 losing render files
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 2:36:18 am

I believe that this is an old problem because I can't find any recent complaints on this board about PP losing render files when PP is closed down or when a sequence is closed.

When I restart PP or when I open up a rendered sequence, all the render files have disconnected.

I have tried all the fixes I can dig up from Google and on this board but continue to have the same problem.

Tech support at Adobe expressed great surprise and then had me remove all plugins. This did no good. Have trashed prefs, run DiskWarrior, run Disk Utility, zapped PRAM, reinstalled PP and just about anything else I can think of.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Many thanks,

Harry.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: PP CC 2015 losing render files
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 6:00:49 pm

Hello Sir Harry!

This sounds like something tied to either a user configuration issue, inadvertant keyboard entry, or just an unexplainable glitch, any or all of which are likely tied to some small inconsistency under the hood of Premiere which has the app confused about the location of your render files. You can spend your the time sleuthing in an effort to quell your curiosity and to help Adobe Tech Support, or you can delete Premiere completely, including using their cleaner app, and then reinstall. Personally, I'd choose option #2, after many a boot drive first for safety, of course.

***FYI, the Adobe cleaner app I referred to is findable via a Google search... I can recall if it deletes ALL Adobe apps in CC, or if you can limit it to Premiere, but in either case it's not such a big deal for most users, and will ultimately save you time and frustration.

Make sense???

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: PP CC 2015 losing render files
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 11:23:36 pm

Dear David,

Hail, O Wise One ...

Thanks for the informative response. I will follow your advice and purge my system of all Abobe stuff using the Adobe Cleaner App. I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for your advice which has always proven to be on the money.

Best, Harry.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: PP CC 2015 losing render files
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 11:33:25 pm

You're very welcome Sir Harry! Please let me know how the reinstall works once you're back up and running.

Break a leg...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: PP CC 2015 losing render files
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 3:05:49 am

Hi David,

Well ... it's not pretty.

I followed your instructions about uninstalling all Adobe stuff, then used their Cleaner App and downloaded a fresh PP 2015 and Media Encoder from the Adobe site.

The results are pretty much what I was getting before. Sometimes, when I've rendered a shot and ONLY closed down the PROJECT (not Premiere Pro) and then immediately reopened that Project, the render will still be there. Sometimes not. Not much difference in behavior if I also close down PP and restart it. The effect is random and does not appear to be associated with any plugins.

I have also tried starting up PP, creating a new PROJECT and then importing the test Project.

I tested the latter with Adobe support and we removed all my 3rd party plugins. Same problem.

Also tried duplicating the Project file.

Maybe I should reinstall the system?

When I've Googled this problem, there are loads of people who have suffered this and none has come up with a solution which worked for me. And I tried all of them.

Any further advice appreciated - or any test which I can do to track down the cause. I think I have eliminated the 3rd party plugin question. But maybe there are other matters which I can eliminate.

Suppose I were to disconnect external backup drives and the two external RAID Zeros I have made using a Sonnet Technologies 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Host Card. Remove the Sonnet card from the computer too -- disconnect everything I can find except mouse and keyboard.

This disconnection thought is the only new idea I have. Whadda ya think?

Thanks for reading this gurgling ramble ...

Many thanks,

Harry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]