ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

export multiple titles from timeline in order (info to populate spreadsheet)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde scottexport multiple titles from timeline in order (info to populate spreadsheet)
by on Mar 19, 2016 at 7:20:17 pm

I direct multi-camera productions of live orchestral performances. Part of my process during scripting involves creating a basic edit in Premiere with a text box describing each shot (camera, framing, movement, duration, etc...). I then hand-copy that information into a shooting script, which takes quite a bit of time.

Ideally, I would like to be able to export the titles from a timeline in order, while assigning each line to a preset column in an Excel spreadsheet. This would allow me to skip the hand-writing step and would save a ton of time.

This doesn't seem to currently be possible, but does anyone have any ideas about a place to start?

Return to posts index

Andreas KielRe: export multiple titles from timeline in order (info to populate spreadsheet)
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 10:39:35 am

Hello Clyde,

I stopped my CC thing a while ago and so I'm not really up to date.

In PPro create a CC (closed caption) track. Then enter your text there. When done export the CC track as SCC or DFXP file.
For these files there are lot of (free) converters to a timed text file you can use with Excel.

- Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

clyde scottRe: export multiple titles from timeline in order (info to populate spreadsheet)
by on Mar 25, 2016 at 7:49:49 pm

Thanks, Andreas. I hadn't thought to use the captioning tool. Unfortunately the captioning workflow—just the actual creation and management of them—doesn't seem like it will work for me.

Has anyone had any success exporting titles as editable text directly from a sequence in PP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]