ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Suddenly no audio when playing in timeline, source or program window

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenSuddenly no audio when playing in timeline, source or program window
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 5:01:16 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Mar 17, 2016 at 11:02:33 pm

3rd EDIT: Never mind, it was my computer for some reason. System Restore fixed it.

2nd EDIT: The audio stopped again. I checked the stuff I did before and it's correct, but no sound. Aggravating! Adobe's forum is no help. btw, the file I was working on had audio but the exported file had no audio. That's when I checked Premiere Pro again and no audio even though the audio meters are moving.

EDIT: After posting this I checked preferences. Something changed my audio output to headphones. I changed it back. No sound. But then I went into my sound settings and saw that it also had been changed from the normal Line 1 output to headphones. When I changed it back the audio returned. Cheers!
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Earlier this morning Premiere Pro was behaving as usual, then just now (around 1 p.m.) I started a new project. While I was going through Media Browser looking for my clips to import, a window pops up saying that I need the Dolby Codec to use this feature. I have no idea what feature it was talking about, I hadn't done anything yet, but I clicked ok to install. When I opened a click in the Source window there was no sound. I dragged it to the timeline, still no sound.

I closed Premiere Pro, did a system restore to a few days ago, then opened again. When the dialog box opened again I just x'd it out, proceeded to open my video clips, and still no sound!?! I haven't updated any drivers, didn't change any settings. Any ideas short of reinstalling?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]