ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Persistent error causes PP to crash

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nels McLaughlinPersistent error causes PP to crash
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 2:57:46 pm

I'm working in a project that I work in quite a bit - it's a project that has a few dozen different sequences that are all very similar for a recurring YouTube video "series". I shoot a couple every month and just use the same project so I can easily copy/paste elements from one sequence to the next.

I just started to recently run into a problem where I adjust the in-point of the music track on my sequence by trimming it either forward or backward so that a certain beat in the music matches a specific spot in the VO (varies by sequence). But when I trim it forward, I get the following error:

Premiere Pro has encountered an error

[/ZigZag/releases/2015.08/shared/adobe/MediaCore/Backend/Src/Sequence/ClipTrackItem.cpp-479]

Premiere quits and goes through the whole crash-report business. When I try to re-open the project, I let the media load and then the absolute first thing I do is try to trim the audio forward, and I get the error again.

Restarting my computer works, but only for a short time, and it always happens when I'm adjusting that specific music track (which has been used in at least two dozen different sequences (only two of which are open).

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, v 9.2.0
OSX 10.11.2
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
32 GB memory
3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Persistent error causes PP to crash
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 3:33:51 pm

What is the file type of the music track?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlinRe: Persistent error causes PP to crash
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:10:23 pm

It's a 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo WAV file. Licensed from an online stock music company as an MP3, converted to a WAV with QT7.

Return to posts index

Nick OwenRe: Persistent error causes PP to crash
by on May 18, 2016 at 7:39:55 pm

This just happened to me. Almost exact same issue except it occurred as I was dragging the file backward. My file is also a sample from a music licensing site. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'm going to attempt to reload the file into the project to see if that's the root of it. Please help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]