ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
batya lewbel"Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 13, 2016 at 9:28:38 pm

So I'm working on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1(my dad built my desktop and here all the info I get off Speccy about it's parts)
-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Deneb 45nm Technology
-RAM: 8.00 Dual Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz
-Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CG1330(AM3)
-Graphics: VX2770 Series j (1920x1080@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
-Hard Drives: 932GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA)
-Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14Ns40

Now recently I subscribed to Adobe CC 2015 and I opened a project file that was originally from a Mac computer (The drive was formatted to be read by PC and I've had that done before so the PC to Mac thing shouldn't be an issue)
The first message I got said "this project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration (OPEN CL), which is either not available or not certified on this system. Mercury Playback Engine software only will be used".
I didn't know what to do with that so I just said ok, just the project up and running and everything is fine except the audio keeps cutting out. It will play for about a minute tops before the audio starts cutting out.

I played around with my settings and preferences and in Preferences under Playback there is a setting that says “Enable Mercury Transmit.” With that option checked I get the audio cutting out (There's some sub options with the audio device being Adobe DV or Adobe Desktop Audio and an option for Video Device says Adobe DV and I can check that or leave it unchecked but the results stay about the same. Right now I have it on Adobe DV audio with Adobe DV checked and it goes slightly longer before the audio cutting kicks in)

Now if I uncheck the Enable Mercury Transmit it plays fine audio wise but after about a minute the playback pauses. Literally pauses, it does not freeze, it acts like I pressed pause when I am not touching my mouse or keyboard.

I tried making a new project and importing all the footage into it to see if that would help but the issue persists. My footage comes from multiple sources including a Sony DSLR and Iphones.
Please tell me this is a fixable bug and Adobe CC is not somehow incompatible with the Desktop.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 9:14:04 am

Your GPU is not officially supported so there can be problems with the Mercury Playback Engine. Turn it to software only.

Return to posts index

batya lewbelRe: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 3:27:13 pm

What do you mean by turn it to software only? Is that a particular setting or does that have to do with enabling or disabling the Mercury Transmit setting?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:43:56 pm

Hi...

FYI...transmit is utilized to redirect output to external monitors and outboard hardware. Since you are not using that, disabling it is the right move.

The warning you got is that, the GFX cards libraries that were used to enable real time fx on your mac are not available on your PC....so your computer is using CPU's only (software only and not GPU). That will indeed cause a difference in performance.

8gb is a little light for RAM these days, and if you are stuck in software mode certainly might be a contributing factor to sluggish behavior.

So when you go to FIle>Projet Settings>General
What's available under "render" ?

if GPU Is there....enable it...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

batya lewbelRe: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:24:15 pm

Thanks I will look into that!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 17, 2016 at 1:08:35 am

Hey so I looked into the render options. It just shows Mercury Playback Engine Software only and it's grayed out and unclickable.
What does that imply and can I fix it?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 17, 2016 at 1:11:12 am

And I just checked on my version of CS6 it's the same thing.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" and "Enable Mercury Transmit are leading to issues
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:07:47 pm

[batya lewbel] "Hey so I looked into the render options. It just shows Mercury Playback Engine Software only and it's grayed out and unclickable.
What does that imply and can I fix it?"

It means your GFX card isn't supported and they only way to fix that is to get a new GFX card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]