ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio too low after export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmed SulaimanAudio too low after export
by on Mar 13, 2016 at 4:18:05 pm

Hi guys,

I exported my project with these settings:

Format: H.264
Audio Codec: Dolby Digital
Channels: 6
Bitrate: 320
Channel Configuration: 3/2 (L R C LFE Ls Rs)
I checked the box that says (Enable LFE)

After exporting my video, I noticed that the audio level of the exported file was too low compared to the original audio in my timeline. I played the exported video in VLC and the volumes were perfect just like the original project in premiere. but when I played the video in Quicktime player, the volumes were too low I almost couldn't hear anything. I thought maybe the volume in VLC was set higher than %100 but it wasn't.

So I created another sequence in Premiere and I imported the exported video to the new sequence to check the audio meters and compare them with the original project, and I discovered that the volume of the exported video was in fact much lower than the original project.

So the volume did decrease after the export. Any idea how I can fix this?

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: Audio too low after export
by on Mar 13, 2016 at 5:33:00 pm

Quicktime player issue? Have you opened in PPro and checked the actual levels in the file that way? Or open in Audition, which will let you see what the audio level is in your file.

Return to posts index

Ahmed SulaimanRe: Audio too low after export
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 6:42:34 am

Yes I did. When I opened the exported project in Premiere Pro and Audition and checked the audio levels they were too low compared to the original file. The audio levels in my original project ranged between -20dB and -6dB, but after exporting the project and importing it in Premiere Pro and Audition, the audio levels are now ranging between -50dB and -30dB. Also When I play other videos in VLC & Quicktime player I can't hear any difference in audio levels. It's just my file that's playing too low in Quicktime player but perfect in VLC.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 14, 2016 at 7:14:00 am

Update: I exported my project choosing AAC as my Audio Format and it turned out perfect in both Quicktime player and VLC. Audio levels are the same as my original file.

The problem only seems to happen when I choose Dolby Digital as the Audio Format. I still don't know what's causing audio levels to drop after export. It must be something in the Dolby Digital settings but I can't figure it out yet. :(

Return to posts index

by on Mar 14, 2016 at 10:19:58 am

Ok guys I managed to fix the problem by turning off "90ยบ Phase Shift" option under the Pre-Processing tab when I chose Dolby Digital format. It was turned on by default. To be honest I don't know exactly how this option was affecting my audio tracks when it was turned on, but turning it off brought the audio levels back to normal. I hope this helps someone in the future. :)

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Audio too low after export
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 5:56:22 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Mar 14, 2016 at 5:56:37 pm

one other thing that can make dolby audio quiet is if dialogue normalization
is not set for -31

apple compressor was notorious for this in it's default configuration.
(it would lower audio substantially)

Return to posts index

Trig SimonRe: Audio too low after export
by on Mar 19, 2016 at 3:06:42 am

I thought that was what Ahmed did:

"So I created another sequence in Premiere and I imported the exported video to the new
sequence to check the audio meters and compare them with the original project, and I
discovered that the volume of the exported video was in fact much lower than the original project."

I found the same problem in exporting to DVD.

Trig

Trig Simon
Video Images by Trig
832 Main
Toledo OH 43605
419-693-0872
http://www.videoimagesbytrig.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]