ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Will Premiere Pro CC run on iMac with Radeon Graphics Cards?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa BrownWill Premiere Pro CC run on iMac with Radeon Graphics Cards?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 10:14:54 pm

I need to recommend a new iMac for my employer's office to have Premiere Pro capabilities (ideally After Effects, though I have my own NVidia system that can run that when needed).

Can anyone confirm whether any of the new iMac's with Radeon R9 cards will do that? 380, 390, 395 appear to be the options. What other configuration factors on an iMac are necessary to run PPro successfully. This is primarily a graphic design station, but needs to work with Premiere on occasion.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Will Premiere Pro CC run on iMac with Radeon Graphics Cards?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 10:28:22 pm

[Teresa Brown] "Can anyone confirm whether any of the new iMac's with Radeon R9 cards will do that? 380, 390, 395 appear to be the options. What other configuration factors on an iMac are necessary to run PPro successfully. This is primarily a graphic design station, but needs to work with Premiere on occasion.
"

PPro's GPU acceleration has supported both AMD and Nvidia GPUs for the last 3-4 versions I think. As long as the card has at least 1gig of VRAM then GPU acceleration should be possible.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Will Premiere Pro CC run on iMac with Radeon Graphics Cards?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 10:53:15 pm

possibly, there's still a few bugs, at least until the next update. probably 9.3

but since it costs twice as much for half the speed, I wonder why you would buy it in the first place?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1895281
"R9 390 is currently not 100 percent functional with adobe premier pro. It should be working during the render process even without special effects."

"card wouldn't be 100% working until the next Premier pro update"

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Will Premiere Pro CC run on iMac with Radeon Graphics Cards?
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 11:27:02 pm

[Chris Wright] "https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1895281
"R9 390 is currently not 100 percent functional with adobe premier pro. It should be working during the render process even without special effects."

"card wouldn't be 100% working until the next Premier pro update"
"

That thread is about the desktop GPUs but the iMacs use the the mobile, the "M", versions of those GPUs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]