ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Picture Scrolling (2,400+ images) - Premiere CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theodore LawrencePicture Scrolling (2,400+ images) - Premiere CS5
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 1:45:57 am

I am working on a documentary on the hashtag FAFATL in which I am taking over 2,400 screencaptures of various instagram posts to illustrate its growth in popularity over the years. Though the EASIEST way to illustrate this is to simply import the images as a video sequence and montage through, I would rather illustrate them by scrolling through the images.

QUESTION: Is there a simple way to perform this process of scrolling images past the camera? Left to right is best but up and down could work, too. Keep in mind there are 2,400+ separate files to deal with so applying a motion effect to each one is not a very efficient method.

Thanks for your help and/or keeping me from biting off more than I can chew as an unpaid documentary short creator.

-T.O.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Picture Scrolling (2,400+ images) - Premiere CS5
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 3:34:15 am

There are slide transitions in the effects tab in Premiere and every NLE for that matter.

These can be customized in several ways, including: up-down, rt-left, speed, etc.

I believe you can lasso several images on the timeline and apply a transition between any number of images (or clips) at one time.

So, in theory, in Preferences you could set the duration stills before importing (as in 30-frames per still), import as many as you like and they will all come into your bin at 30-frames each. Then you could chuck as many as you wish onto the timeline, lasso those, and drop on a transition.

There you go, I just saved you days of work... I'll have my agent send your agent an invoice. :)

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Theodore LawrenceRe: Picture Scrolling (2,400+ images) - Premiere CS5
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 3:38:55 am

Ooooh... very good idea. Thank you! I'll give a quick test to see if it works out. That should (after I export at a consistent speed) allow me to gradually speed up the resulting video file without overheating my computer.

Are you okay with a percentage? The math will be easy seeing as my revenue from this will be a nice round number (0)!

Thank you again, big time!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Picture Scrolling (2,400+ images) - Premiere CS5
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 5:18:16 am

If that's what you're making I want at least six times that amount.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]