ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Color Corrections in a Multi Camera Edit

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tod GeddesColor Corrections in a Multi Camera Edit
by on Mar 10, 2016 at 7:22:11 pm

Having a problem trying to do a multi-camera edit in Premiere Pro (latest). I import the footage from two cameras, one is dead on, the other needs to be tweeked. I switch screens to color and make the adjustments then go back to the edit screen. So far so good.
Now I grab the footage and create a multi-camera source sequence, then a new sequence from clip.... except my color adjustments to the one are no longer there

What did I miss??

Thanks for the assist

Return to posts index

Mark WhittleRe: Color Corrections in a Multi Camera Edit
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 6:38:15 am

Here's how I do it:

Select the clips you want to be in your multicam. Right click, choose Create Multicam Source sequence, Choose sync method and name it "Multicam SOURCE"

I now have a sequence in my project window which I move into my sequences bin.

This next bit is very important. Right click this multicam source sequence and select "Open in Timeline". This lets me see the source clips all synched up and I manipulate the audio, do colour correction, add more clips (i.e. spanned clips), re-arrange the audio track order etc.

When I'm happy, right click the source sequence in the project window and select "New sequence from clip" and a multicam sequence is created ready for live switching. At this point I rename this new sequence, removing "SOURCE" so I can tell apart the source sequence from the multicam sequence.

At any time the source sequence is available if the audio needs mixing, or a shot needs adjusting somehow.

I hope that helps.

Mark W.

Return to posts index

Tod GeddesRe: Color Corrections in a Multi Camera Edit
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:46:39 pm

Mark
Thank for your assistance... worked great!!

Thanks
Tod

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]