ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro - Reconfrom from Bins Option

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marek KlucarPremiere Pro - Reconfrom from Bins Option
by on Mar 10, 2016 at 5:20:13 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to find the best workflow for some time now. What I use at the moment is:

Offline edit in Premiere -> XML to Davinci Resolve, link to Online media -> Export individual graded source clips (ignoring resizing, effects etc.)

The problem is I don't like exporting XML from Davinci to Premiere as it does not include all the effects applied in the offline edit (masks, speedramps etc.)

What I like to do next is replace the media in the original Premiere offline sequence with graded clips. Theoretically this is easy in Premiere. You make the clips offline, and link them to graded clips based on timecode / tape name.

However, if you use 2 parts from 1 source clip, you will end up with 2 graded clips exported from Davinci instead of 1 original clip. In this case you won't be able to just replace the original clip with 2 graded clips.

Is there a way in Premiere to import clips to a bin and then make premiere to relink offline clips from a sequence using selected bin (based on tape name and timecode). This option exists in Resolve. Right click on selected timeline -> Timelines -> Reconfrom From Bin(s)... Is there a similar option in Premiere?

Thanks,
Marek

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto CroceRe: Premiere Pro - Reconfrom from Bins Option
by on Mar 11, 2016 at 1:05:52 pm

Why not consolidate before sending to resolve?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]