ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Alpha Glow problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren LouwAlpha Glow problem
by on Mar 8, 2016 at 7:35:44 pm

Im using Premiere CC and this is the first time Im using Alpha glow and I've run into a problem with the resulting effect. Its fine when its playing in the payback window, but when its not playing, the glow effect becomes influenced by a box it recognizes around it and the glow itself is more harsh. When I exported the video through the media encoder, it encoded the glow in the same glitchy way.

The logo layer is a png file with no background.

Here is the wanted result from the playback as its playing (minus the blurriness). Glow is at 78, brightness at 255 and "fade out" is selected. Changing these dont seem to have any effect on the problem.

Then here is what I end up with :/

If anyone can please help me figure this out, it'll be seriously appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Alpha Glow problem
by on Mar 9, 2016 at 2:53:11 pm

What is your timeline resolution in Premiere Pro?

What is the resolution of your PNG? If smaller, it looks like the pixels are defining where the effect may appear. If the PNG is smaller, re-open it in Photoshop and enlarge the canvas to the same size as your Premiere Pro timeline resolution.

That is, if you are working on a 1920x1080 timeline in Premiere Pro, make sure the canvas of your PNG is also 1920x1080, even though you are only adding empty space.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Warren LouwRe: Alpha Glow problem
by on Mar 13, 2016 at 8:45:21 am

Only got my connection back now. Thanks, that actually helped. Im working at 1920x1080 and changed the size of the png to match and it took away that boxed effect, BUT the glow itself still wasnt looking right. I then decided to change the format of the image to psd and then the glow was all sorted out :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]