ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Project Management CC2015 - Consolidation Broken? Works in CC2014.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce HooverProject Management CC2015 - Consolidation Broken? Works in CC2014.2
by on Mar 8, 2016 at 2:58:42 pm

Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1)
1 video file, ProRes HQ, 720x486, 4 channel stereo.
Total length 1hr 15min.
Timeline matches clip.
1:05 of the clip, no audio, video only.

Project manager, consolidate and transcode, individual clips, quicktime, prores 422.
Exclude unused clips, include handles of 30fr, rename media files to match clip names,
Begin consolidation.... error: Transcode Failure. Unable to match audio channels. Copies entire clip (38GB).

Premiere Pro CC 2014.2
same video file, same settings as above, nothing different other than Premiere Pro version.
Begin consolidation.... works.

This is the simplest form of my testing today to figure out why I can't get a project that contains 3 x:30 and 3 x :10 spots to project manage down without taking entire episodes of 1hr 15m shows.

What works in 2015 is consolidation of the same type file, but with Stereo audio. Files with more than a single stereo audio track seem to fail.

Anyone else experienced this?
I've submitted 2 bug reports on this subject.

(** also posted on Adobe's site)

-bh

Return to posts index

Bryce HooverRe: Project Management CC2015 - Consolidation Broken? Works in CC2014.2
by on Apr 11, 2016 at 7:52:41 pm

Different project, different sources, same issue.

Premiere Pro CC2015 (9.1)
Source file: ProRes HQ, 8 channels mono, HD 1920x1080

Clips in the timeline that are from this source but do not have synced audio linked,
consolidate and transcode properly (transcoding to ProRes 422).

Clips in the timeline that are from this source and DO have synced audio, but are unlinked,
do not consolidate or transcode, and reference the entire source (23:45 show).

Clips in the timeline that are from this source and do not have synced VIDEO
(meaning only the audio is used) do not consolidate or transcode, and reference the entire show.

Premiere Pro has created some consolidated clips with audio and video that seem like they could replace what's in the timeline, but they reference nothing in the timeline.
(they're just extra media created by PP and serve no purpose).

These clips are in my bin and are offline.
If I reconnect the full show, the clips are still offline in the bin, but are online in my timeline.
So, the consolidation sort of worked, except for everything in my timeline references the full show, not the newly created consolidated files.

The majority of the audio in my timeline is from a 1/2 hr show.
Very little is married to/linked to it's original video.
Is it possible that Premiere is choosing not to consolidate these files and instead,
links to and references the full show? (because PP doesn't consolidate audio only files)

As a side note, I've converted the source file to ProRes 422 with the same audio (6 tracks mono, 7 & 8 stereo mix minus) and still experience the same result.

-bh

Return to posts index

Bryce HooverRe: Project Management CC2015 - Consolidation Broken? Works in CC2014.2
by on Apr 12, 2016 at 3:54:33 pm

I did a very simple test. I'll lay it out below. I hope I've explained it well enough.

Mac Pro, 6-core Intel (2x2.93 GHz), 32GB ram, OS 10.9.5
Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1.0) (174 Build)

Timeline contains a single 17frame AV clip, video and audio are linked.
Timeline contains opening graphics, end tag graphics and open/close VO (.wav file).

Project manage the “17fr” timeline.
A consolidated 17fr file is created (48.1MB) as well as a copy of the full source (23.5GB).
Graphics and .wav audio are copied over and are not consolidated (normal behavior).

Opened newly consolidated “17fr” project.
The 17fr clip references the full source.
Relinking 17fr clip to the consolidated clip yields no errors; however, audio in the timeline is lost
(blank waveform, no .pek being generated, no .pek file is ever generated).

Frame match back of clip in timeline brings consolidated clip source into source monitor WITH AUDIO.

Replacing timeline clip with source clip from the Bin, audio remains missing.
(right click on clip in timeline, choose Replace with Clip, from Bin)

Replacing timeline clip with source clip from source window (overlay), puts the source audio into timeline.

Double clicking timeline clip, loads consolidate source video into source window;
however no audio is present (audio is blank).
Double clicking consolidated clip from the bin loads consolidated source into source window with audio.

Double click timeline clip, loading it into the source window (with no audio), right click window, choose reveal in project, reveals consolidated clip in bin - double click the clip in the bin, loads consolidated clip into source monitor WITH AUDIO.

It seems PP might consolidate a project, but doesn’t reset clip links to newly consolidated media.

Newly consolidated media must be edited in by hand for both audio and video to be present.

Project Manager is broken in CC2015 (9.1).

-bh

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:05:15 pm

I'll confirm that Project Management in the latest Premiere Pro version (2015.3) is still broken based on a test that we just performed following the same procedures with the same project and same source material referenced in my original post. There is a longer post in the Adobe Forum titled "Project Management CC2015 - Consolidation Broken? Works in CC2014.2"

The transcode failure warning is the same.
"Transcode Failure: unable to match audio channels. File "HCA_111_Testless_Final.mov" was copied"

It's still broken.

-bh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]