ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Nested Sequences w/ Own Bins

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm AndersonNested Sequences w/ Own Bins
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 5:30:05 pm

Hi CreativeCOW,

I'm working on a set of images that can be used for my school's news calendar, made in Premiere Pro. They look like this:

However, since nested sequences don't have their own bins, I have to create a copy of the image and two Title objects. Is there a way to give them each their own bin, so I can copy and edit each one independent from each other? (If you're having trouble understanding my question, feel free to say so; I can elaborate more if needed).

Thanks!
-Malcolm A

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Nested Sequences w/ Own Bins
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 9:19:07 pm

I think maybe your terminology is throwing off what you are trying to say? I'm not sure what you mean by "bin." A bin in Premiere is basically just a folder you can create to organize your project. Almost nothing comes with its own bin unless you import a folder. And a nested sequence is basically a sequence inside another sequence.

You can simplify your job a little by having just one title per graphic. You can have multiple text boxes/fonts in a title page. That should cut the number of titles you need to copy in half.

Sorry if you knew all this; I am just unclear on what your issue is.

Return to posts index

Malcolm AndersonRe: Nested Sequences w/ Own Bins
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:52:22 am

I didn't know I could have multiple text boxes in a single title slide, thanks for letting me know.

So this is what is happening right now:
I have a nested sequence, which uses two titles (although I now know that I can reduce that to one) and a picture. If I duplicate it, and make a nested sequence copy, the title and image files are not duplicated as well - so attempting to edit nested_seq2's title files also edits the first nested sequence.
Basically what I want is for the titles to automatically duplicate as well.

Just thought of this (I don't have access to Pr now): If I created a base nested sequence, and put it, along with the titles and images it uses, into a bin, could I duplicate the bin and have the file references in the nested sequence carry over as well?
Thanks for taking the time to answer this!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Nested Sequences w/ Own Bins
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 8:17:59 pm

Right...

the dependencies of the titles in the duplicated sequences go back to the original files and are not relinked to copies simply by duplicating the bin

you might try this...

1) create a project that has a sequence and titles they way you want and save it as a "template"

2) now start a fresh project and import that project template in.

3) for every new one you want to do, import again....

each import should give you a new set with the the titles used in the sequence linked to that specific imported set.

you might need to create a bin for each set...

but that SHOULD do what you want...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]