ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Black screen on Tv

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmed SulaimanBlack screen on Tv
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 8:29:31 am

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the way my movie is playing on TV screens only. I've tested my movie on different plasma screens and they all had the same problem. I've also noticed that on many other movies but it never bothered me until today.

When there is nothing on my frame (black frame) the TV screen goes black as if it's tuned off.. then it turns back on whenever the next scene starts..The Tv doesn't actually turn off but the way it's interpreting the black frame is different than laptops or pc monitors..And It happens right after a fade out to black effect or after the screen goes totally black. I have a flash effect on my movie and it goes on for few seconds so I have frames where there is text on the screen and frames where there is nothing (blank screen) and because the tv is acting like that it's skipping some frames and really messing up the effect. This doesn't happen in theater, laptops or computer monitors it's only happening on TVs. Is there a way to fix that or maybe add something to my timeline on empty frames so that the TV screen doesn't turn off whenever there is a black frame?

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Black screen on Tv
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 3:18:57 pm
Last Edited By Chris Evans on Mar 2, 2016 at 3:19:55 pm

Did you test it only on plasma screens? Most TV's are not Plasma, they're LED screens, is that what you mean?

There are likely features on the TV you could turn off to fix this issue, but if you're gonna play it on many TV's or other people will then that wouldn't really help. I'd suggest putting just a 99% black background behind those moments that give you trouble, then the TV's are trying to display true black. Maybe just add an adjustment layer over those sections that raise the black by the tiniest bit. Not guaranteed to help, but it's worth a shot. Make sure there's a black background as well, don't just leave it blank with nothing under it.

Return to posts index

Ahmed SulaimanRe: Black screen on Tv
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 10:05:42 pm

Thank you so much Chris.
That fixed the problem :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]