ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ant GonzalezCan't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 3:26:20 am

I'm having a strange problem on some projects where I can't right-click a sequence in the project to bring up Cut, Copy, Past, Clear, Duplicate, etc. However, if I shift-click or ctrl-click to select multiple sequences and right click then it works.

Right clicking anything else (audio files, color matte, still image, video clip, etc) works fine. It's only single sequences that won't register a right click.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere and trahsing my preferences and that did not work.

I am running Windows 10
Premiere CC 2015.2 v9.2
6-core i7, 64GB Ram, GTX 980 ti
1TB Samsung SSD's for work and scratch drives

Return to posts index

Ant GonzalezRe: Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 3:36:13 am

I have found that closing my timelines or clearing in/out points in the timelines seems to re-enable the ability to right click a sequence file.

Return to posts index

Ant GonzalezSOLVED! Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:18:28 am
Last Edited By Ant Gonzalez on Mar 3, 2016 at 1:31:15 am

SOLVED! or at least I found out what is causing the issue. Would be great to get some other users to try to reproduce this on Windows and Mac platforms and see if this is an isolated case or not.

Note: Disabling the right-click pop-up menu could be an intended feature but given how often I use the right click pop-up in the Project panel I can't think of a single reason to disable it.

Here is the Bug Report I submitted to Adobe

Steps to Reproduce Bug:
1. Set an out point in any sequence without an in point. The problem does not occur the other way around (in point without an outpoint)

2. Try to right-click a sequence in the Project panel and you don't get a pop-up menu with Cut, Copy, Paste, etc.

3. Set in point or remove out point and you can right-click a sequence in the Project panel and have the pop-up options active again

Results:
-Disabled right-click pop-up menu issue happens whether or not sequence is empty or has media on it.

-The issue only occurs when the active sequence tab has an out point set without no in point. If you click another tab in the Sequence panel with in/out points, in point only, or no in/out points and then the right-click a sequence in the Project panel, the pop-up menu is active again

-Has been tested in existing projects and newly created test project. Has not been tested in Mac OS X. Only tested on Windows 10

Return to posts index

Daniel Boudreau-GuayRe: SOLVED! Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:50:58 pm

I had the same problem and I didn't know how to fix it
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan DawsonRe: SOLVED! Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 6:02:26 pm

Thanks for posting this. I can confirm (at least for me) that this also happens on OSX. I only use Premiere every once in a while, and I could not figure it out. I set an in point, and boom. Problem solved. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Robert TurrellRe: SOLVED! Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on May 13, 2016 at 9:48:42 pm

I also had this issue on OS X and the right click menu came up after I set an in and out point on the sequence in question. Weird. Hope they fix it.

Return to posts index

Steve ElizondoRe: SOLVED! Can't right click sequence in Project window in Premiere CC
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 3:22:51 pm

TRY THIS! What I've found is that the problem lies in a Workspace in Premiere Pro that has been corrupted in a recent update to the application. Load up one of the original default workspaces -- one that you haven't changed and re-saved -- and see if the problem goes away.

My guess is that it will. You can then re-configure the windows to your favorite layout, and re-save it as that name.

NOTE: This fix works for any project-related access issue -- can't move clips on the timeline, can't right click in sequences, etc. Anything mouse related issue.

Have a great one,

Steve

Steve Elizondo
Digital Media Administrator
WRAL-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]