ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sounds coming from Ls and Rs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmed SulaimanSounds coming from Ls and Rs
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 10:49:48 pm

Hello guys,

I'm working on the audio for my project and I have 6 channels in the timeline (L, R, Ls, Rs, C, LFE).
Currently I have music set to L, R, C and LFE channels only, but each time I render the project and listen to it, I can hear some of the music coming from Ls and Rs speakers too. Is that normal? It's not as loud as the sounds coming from L, R, C and LFE though.

I checked the audio meters and they're completely muted. But I'm still hearing the music leaking to Ls and Rs speakers. How come the audio meters show that they're muted but then I can hear sounds coming from them? I just wanna make sure if that's normal or if I'm missing something or maybe it's my home theater..?

One of my friends told me that home theaters in general are not as accurate as cinema speakers and what I'm hearing could be sounds from L and R. I'm not totally conviced though. Does that mean I can hear more sounds from my home theater than cinema? Are Ls & Rs really muted? Because according to the audio meters they are.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Sounds coming from Ls and Rs
by on Feb 29, 2016 at 4:59:59 am

Are you actually listening it as track for track or is your home theater thing playing it in stereo but spreading it across all speakers?

Return to posts index

Ahmed SulaimanRe: Sounds coming from Ls and Rs
by on Feb 29, 2016 at 10:21:59 am

No I'm almost sure it's playing it as 5.1 and not Stereo because the dialogues, which I set to the center channel, are only coming out from the center speaker. I can't hear any dialogues coming from L, R, Ls, Rs. So it must be playing it as 5.1 audio, right? Also the environment sounds which I set to Ls and Rs are only coming out from Ls and Rs speakers. I can't hear them in L and R speakers. Everything seems right except the music that I set in L, R, C which I can also hear in Ls and Rs. It's weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]