ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to export a film with a 5.1 mix from Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat TremblayHow to export a film with a 5.1 mix from Premiere Pro?
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 6:24:54 am
Last Edited By Pat Tremblay on Feb 28, 2016 at 9:11:48 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to export a film with a 5.1 mix from Premiere Pro CS6 and have barely found any relevant info on the whole internet it seems...

If someone could answer all my various questions it'd be much appreciated!!!

I have received from my sound guy 7 files (C, L, R, LFE, Ls, Rs) and a poly mix containing all. I figured it'd be easier using the later, but Premiere gives me this error as I try to import the file: "the file could not be opened because of a header error"...

From my understanding, I have to create a new sequence and choose (in Audio Tracks options) the 5.1 mix. But then do I have to assign each track as mono, assuming I have no choice to use those now (or whichever other choice)?

Then I place each track on the timeline, but I only have one track where it's written 5.1 and it's for the master one... I wonder why it's noted as such if I can't put any other file in it...

Then, it seems easy to position of the tracks with the black dot according to their logic place. BUT I have no idea where to put the LFE though, where should it go?

Then if I try to export after, the only option that seems to support 5.1 audio is a wmv file, which is obviously not how I want my master to be. I was also trying to output a mpeg2 for blu-ray or h264 for blu-ray, but it doesn't give me any 5.1 audio output options...

So what video format can I choose that will give me a high rez video file while letting me out put a 5.1 mix out of that timeline?

HP Elitebook 8760w laptop. Windows 7 - 64 bit. Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM - Quadro 3000M Nvidia graphic card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]