ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

setup for multi channel audio for export to network

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Gonzalezsetup for multi channel audio for export to network
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 1:48:29 am

Hello all,
First off, apologies if this topic has already been covered here. I did a quick search and did not find any posts specific to my question.

We are producing a show and the network delivery specs require the following multi channel audio output in our master mxf deliverable. -

Channel 1+2 Full stereo mix
Channel 3 - Narration
Channel 4 - SOT and EFX
Channel 5+6 - Stereo Music

When I setup multichannel audio in a sequence I am able to map my tracks to the respective channels. However I don't know how to map a track to a channel pair (1-2) and also a single channel (3 or 4). For example the Narration should be mapped into the full stereo mix (1-2) and also into channel 3.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!
Wil

Return to posts index

Declan SmithRe: setup for multi channel audio for export to network
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 9:17:09 am

Hi

Take a look at my tutorial for Mulitchannel mastering here

It's about 8minutes, and for the most part it will be teaching you how to suck eggs, but towards the end is the variation that should achieve what you want with the following change in Step 4,6 &y, i.e. Mono Sibmixes and Hard panning, I'll write the setup here in Full. Open up the mixer as this is where all he assignments will be done.

1. Create the Following Submixes
DialogMix
SOTMix
EFXMix
MusicMix

2. Assign your main audio tracks to the desired Submix

3. In each submix, ensure that its assignment is the Master output channels 1&2, this will create your master stereo Mix.

4. Now create two further MONO submixes
NarrationSM
SOT_and_EFXSM

5. Create a further Stereo Submix
MusicSM

6. On the NarrationSM, assign it Master Channels 3&4 and PAN it hard Left

7. On the SOT_and_EFXSM assign it to Master Channels 3&4 and PAN it hard right

8. On the MusicSM assign it to channels 5&6

9. Go back to your original Submixes. Expand the sends/inserts section of the mixer. You will see a horizontal black line in this view separating the Inserts from the send. We are interested in the sends towards the bottom.

10. For the DialogMix, click on the first send and assign it to DialogSM. You will see the send amount is set to - infinity. Set this to 0db.

11. For the SOTMix, click on the first send and assign it to EOT_and_EFXSM. You will see the send amount is set to - infinity. Set this to 0db.

12. For the EFXMix, click on the first send and assign it to EOT_and_EFXSM. You will see the send amount is set to - infinity. Set this to 0db.

13. For the MusicMix, click on the first send and assign it to MusicSM. You will see the send amount is set to - infinity. Set this to 0db.

14, If the desire is that these additional channels are pre your MIX so that later on someone can re-balance etc, then on the sends you can right click and select Pre-Fader. This means that if say, you dropped out the music in a section for your stereo mix, but later on someone else wants that music, it will be there in full on channel 5&6

Hope this help

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
After Effects CS6/ FCS3 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

Will GonzalezRe: setup for multi channel audio for export to network
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 3:35:58 pm

Thanks so much for the reply and thorough walk through Declan. I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
W

Return to posts index

by on Feb 29, 2016 at 12:00:30 am

Hi Declan - Just tried it out and worked like a charm. Exactly what I was looking for. THank you again!

BEst,
W

Return to posts index

by on Feb 29, 2016 at 3:47:05 pm

Hi Declan - Another question if you don't mind -

When I output my master MXF I want to be able to limit the audio peak (for channels 1+2 the full stereo mix) to -12. When I tried to do at render time via the audio effect options on the media encode dialog I got an error that reads

"Loudness normalization failed as the number of channels in the audio channel configuration Stereo does not match the 6 channels provided by the source".

Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about this?

Thank you!

Wil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]