ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Best Premiere Pro Device Control For Playback And Capturing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BroughtonBest Premiere Pro Device Control For Playback And Capturing
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 4:58:55 pm

I work in a Live Sports broadcast environment. We use PPro to produce Openers and Music teases.

We work quite often with flyaway kits (basically a macbook pro laptop with PPro and After Effects).

When working with the flyaway kits we are looking for solution to getting the finished edit from the Mac into EVS.

Due to the nature of the job we usually have tight turnarounds. So our ideal option is to play our timeline straight into an EVS, ready for the Opener to be voiced.

My question is: What is the best device control to use in this instance? We currently use a Blackmagicstudio SDI to get the timeline into the EVS. However since upgrading to El Captian this kind of workflow simply doesn't work.

Is there a more stable device control that we can use? Ideally it needs to be portable (travel from the UK to South Africa and Asia).

We work with various formats that include P2 cards, GoPros, HD Tape and Sony F5 cards.

Our desired output when laying the timeline off is Apple ProRes422 1080 50i, PAL 25fps.

I've looked into Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express and AJA lo XT device controls.

Am I on the right lines to sorting this workflow?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]