ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC and BM Ultrastudio - 4K Down converting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo TabosaPremiere CC and BM Ultrastudio - 4K Down converting
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 3:01:29 pm

Hi,

I run Premiere CC 2015 on MacPro (late 2013) and my work is mostly editing in 4K timelines from Sony FS7 MXF.

I need to buy a I/O device to my video edit setup, so I can connect trough HDMI my EIZO CX271 (only supports 1080p HDMI input).
After all the research i've made the Utrastudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 is my 98% sure to be my choice.

But I have a few question that I couldnĀ“t solve so far.
After read the oficial product description and don't understand if the Ultrastudio OUTPUT do real time down convert from a Premiere 4K timeline to 1080p HDMI?
That would save a lot of time not to make the down convert trough software.

Also, will the Ultrastudio 4K accelerate MXF hardware decoding? Or is only the Premiere handling all the processing?

Thank you.
Ricardo

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere CC and BM Ultrastudio - 4K Down converting
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 5:48:32 pm

[Ricardo Tabosa] "After read the oficial product description and don't understand if the Ultrastudio OUTPUT do real time down convert from a Premiere 4K timeline to 1080p HDMI?"

It can. You'd set it up in Premiere Preferences-Playback and choose setup for the card. There you can choose whether the card will up or downscale the signal.

[Ricardo Tabosa] "Also, will the Ultrastudio 4K accelerate MXF hardware decoding? "

No.

Return to posts index

Ricardo TabosaRe: Premiere CC and BM Ultrastudio - 4K Down converting
by on Feb 28, 2016 at 8:49:12 am

Thank's for the quick reply Theros.

I was in doubt, because unlike the official Ultrastudio Extreme specifications, in the Ultrastudio 4K specs there are no reference too UHD to HD down converting.

"HD Down Conversion
Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD-SDI on SDI A output, SD-SDI on SDI B output"

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/nz/products/ultrastudiothunderbolt/techspe...

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]