ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Deinterlacing an old project with mix of live action and heavy graphics

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian SmithDeinterlacing an old project with mix of live action and heavy graphics
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 9:06:19 pm

Hello comrades. I need to revisit an old project and update it for a festival it is to be included in. It was originally shot at 1080i (interlaced). It has a lot of graphics in it (hand drawn illustrations and watercolors). I have all the original files and sequences. My question is should I just deinterlace the live action video or the graphics too? Obviously it would be quicker if I could deinterlace the whole thing at the same time but I don't want to degrade the graphic images. So is there a benefit to just deinterlacing the live action video? The video files are standard ProRes 422. I use RE:Vision FK Deinterlacer (set to "Best Three Neighbors") for the deinterlacing.

I originally edited it in FCP7 but will probably drag into Premiere this time round.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Deinterlacing an old project with mix of live action and heavy graphics
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 9:38:19 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:38:02 pm

fieldskit shouldn't degrade anything that doesn't move. if it does, it loses a little bit of quality.

if you do have the original hand drawn stuff that's not interlaced, you won't even need to worry about deinterlacing because the export will be progressive.

if your graphics aren't moving much at all, they will not lose any quality at all, even if its pre-rendered.

the live action will still have to be deinterlaced.

You should think of fieldskit as a passthrough for motion sensitive interlacing.

I do have a list of other deinterlacers if you're interested in the comparison of quality.
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1070267#1070295

Return to posts index

Adrian SmithRe: Deinterlacing an old project with mix of live action and heavy graphics
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:50:55 pm

Thanks Chris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]