ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to get Next/Previous Edit to include In/Out Points?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick ThompsonHow to get Next/Previous Edit to include In/Out Points?
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 8:06:23 pm

Hi all,

This is a little thing but one that I would really love to be able to do if possible. In FCP, the next/previous edit keys read in and out points as "edit" points, making it easy to navigate to them along with other edit points. In Premiere, it seems I have to use a separate key for that, which can be frustrating when trying to navigate around and make some quick deletes and such. Is there any way to have in/out points recognized by Premiere as edit points in the context of this function? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dan PearceRe: How to get Next/Previous Edit to include In/Out Points?
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 11:05:30 am
Last Edited By Dan Pearce on Feb 26, 2016 at 11:18:14 am

Afraid not, when i moved to Premiere from FCP it's one of the the things that bugged me. Here's my preferred set up...

Map 'Go to In/Out' to Q & W keys so they're easily found rather than using a modifier.

Map Up/Down Arrow keys to 'go to next/previous edit point on any track'. This way you can navigate the timeline without worrying about track target selection.

But the Arrow keys won't work in the Source Window (they won't go to In/Out points or Start/End like FCP did) so I map A & S keys to 'go to next/previous edit point'. For some reason this command does go to In/Out points and Start/End in the Source Window.

It might seem counterintuitive having two sets of keys doing essentially the same thing but works out well in practice because you can use both hands to do one of the most common editing actions.

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

Nick ThompsonRe: How to get Next/Previous Edit to include In/Out Points?
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 7:40:30 pm

Thanks Dan!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]