ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Encoder just gave up exporting my Videos

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franco SimõesEncoder just gave up exporting my Videos
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 4:28:27 pm

Hello all, and thank you in advance for your help!

I've been editing some simple videos for a university course. They are many (I've edited and exported 6 so far) and very long (they are all around 2 hours long). I'm exporting them all in the Vimeo HD 720p Preset (the originals are 1080p .mts files).

I was using Encoder to export the videos and it was working fine until the 7th video, when suddenly Encoder started to Struggle A LOT with the task. The notebook was working overnight and when I woke up it was stuck in one video with an elapsed time of 11 hours and 4hours remaining. Now, every video I try to export Starts with an "Remaining" of 3 or 4 hours that won't ever get smaller.
What can I be doing wrong?
Is it possible that something happened with my notebook while it was exporting the other videos? How can I check this?

I'm using Premiere and Encoder CC,
my notebook specifications are:

Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thank you again!

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Encoder just gave up exporting my Videos
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 9:16:34 pm

Couple things:
What version of CC for Premiere & Media Encoder?
What hard drives are hooked up to your laptop? USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, Firewire?
Do you have enough free space for all the encodes? Encoder will slow down when it's fighting drive space.
Have you deleted your Media Cache files, Preview files and retried to export the 7th over again?
Can you export the 7th video straight out of Premiere and get the same failed result?
If you want to check temperature or other info on the laptop you can purchase iStat menus application and see how hard your laptop is working.
Maybe it's overheating by the time it gets to the 7th video.
Are you using CUDA or OPEN CL for your render exports? Not sure what graphics card you have installed in that laptop.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]