ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export from resolve not matching original premiere timeling

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HAl RayExport from resolve not matching original premiere timeling
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 9:14:10 pm

Hello,
I edited a short film in premiere CC with the original BMCC RAW files then exported as an XML to Davinci resolve 12 for color grading.

After finalizing the look of the film in Davinci resolve, I exported DNxHD 1080P 4:2:2 quicktime Mov file and imported back to premiere.
I couldn't place the mov file in the timeline for some weird reason, premiere won't allow it and show a cross sign. I needed to create a different timeline from the mov clip and copy the video track on the new timeline to the project timeline in order to place it. (New sequence from clip)
when placing on the V2 channel above the original Edit in premiere at V1, there is a mismatch at the playing speed and rate from the original timeline and thus everything is completely out of sync.
when trying to match individual shots in exactly the same time code, there is still a difference and they just won't sync.
This is very strange.

Sequenced setting in premiere and davinci resolve both set to 25FPS (all shot with 25 frame rate on the BMCC)

why does resolve changing something in the timing.
I can't finish my project.
Please I need your help with this!

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto CroceRe: Export from resolve not matching original premiere timeling
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 3:20:21 pm

default project setting in resolve is 24fps, have you change this or when you first import a clip on resolve project a pop up windows appear and told you to change the project frame rate, have you seen this?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

HAl RayRe: Export from resolve not matching original premiere timeling
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 9:11:19 pm

yes i set the project to 25 when i opened it.
and check that again.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto CroceRe: Export from resolve not matching original premiere timeling
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 10:19:04 pm

it should be a render problem, have you tried to render again?
And Why not render out as a roundtrip instead a single QT file?

Massimo Alberto Croce

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:54:43 am

how can i render back trip to premiere?
I have many mask nodes and corrections, as much as i know it is not possible.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2016 at 9:58:30 am

what you mean with "I have many mask nodes and corrections"? this is the normal way to import back in premiere and everything is maintained. On the delivery page choose final cut pro round trip, this involve a clip based render and an xml to reimport in premiere.
these are some tutorials, but you can google "Premiere Pro to Resolve roundtrip workflow"

Massimo Alberto Croce

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2016 at 10:40:09 pm

THANKS GUYS!!!
I removed all FX and Speed FX from original premiere timeline before exporting XML to davinci and now it works!!
it seems like all those timing effects messed it up.
After grading I exported a round-trip back to premiere and it is working great!!

only problem is, when color grading Bmcc DNG RAW clips in davinci, davinci will apply all the raw tab settings (highlights, shadows, wb rtc...) to
all the cuts from the same original clips. so if I have for example few different takes from the same one single clip during the film. it will change them all to the same settings. I tried to create new version for the ones I need to correct individually but it won't work.
So i have to render half of the movie, then change the other shots and then render again.
It is so frustrating.

Do you know how to correct this feature/bug in dacnivi resolve 12?

Thank you very very much!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 26, 2016 at 11:06:46 pm

it's look likes you had set up a remote grade instead of local grade, search for "remote version" in the manual

Massimo Alberto Croce

Return to posts index

by on Feb 27, 2016 at 2:45:55 am

I don't think so...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]