ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin SimMixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 2:39:40 pm

Hi there guys!

Would love to produce documentary with some slow-mo cutaways such as this

I checked that particular video's stats and see that it is 24p, with the understanding that i have to shoot at least 60p for smooth slow-mo.

So can i say that they filmed it all in 60fps to save trouble, or did they film in 24fps and 60fps only for slow-mo clips? Also did they put it all in a 24fps timeline??

Thanks for your time to share in advance!!

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 3:19:28 pm

Based on the motion blur, I'd guess that they shot the interview sections and sections of him talking at 24p and the other stuff at 60p. It's possible they just had two cameras that rolled separately.

Yes, they put it all on a 24 fps timeline. Without changing anything, I believe Premiere interprets the footage as 60p so no matter what timeline you put it on, it will play at regular speed (not slow-mo). If you right click on the clip and go to Interpret Footage, it will let you change it to interpret it as a 24p clip and then it would play in slow-mo, or you could just stretch it in your timeline.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 26, 2016 at 7:46:07 pm

its not the same as preserve frame rate in AE.

in premiere, it speed changes your video to the sequence unless you specifically enable frame mix or pixel motion.

also the media encoder actually drops frames in a linear fashion if the sequence doesn't match media encoder.

Return to posts index

Gavin SimRe: Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:07:29 am

Hey! Thanks for clearing that up!

So, if i want to mix frame rates in PP, all i have to do is enable frame mix and put all those in a 24fps timeline?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 4:19:56 pm

if you drop 60 into 24, it will automatically change speed to slow mo.

frame blending and pixel motion instead, keep the motion speed the same(no slow mo) but optically convert the framerate itself.

Return to posts index

Gavin SimRe: Mixing Frame Rates(With Examples)
by on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:06:16 am

Thanks for your response. U helped out a lot :)

But I guess it's as Chris Wright said it..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]