ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

After Effects effects exports going offline in Premiere and relinkable.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacey QuineAfter Effects effects exports going offline in Premiere and relinkable.
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 12:12:22 pm

This is a problem I have never encountered before. I am editing a TV series and have created a set of standard title cards and supers to use for each episode. As it slows my machine down too much to use Dynamic Link, I have simply exported the compositions as Quicktimes and imported them into my Premiere project.

Now, my issue is, repeatedly, I have had the media for these go offline when I have closed and reopened the project. Premiere doesn't warn me like it normally does for offline media, it just puts the red graphic throughout my sequence. When I go to relink, I am informed that there is a mismatch, and if I hit OK, the graphic is replaced with a silent audio track. The actual Quicktime file is unchanged.

I have tried a few things, including rewrapping with both Media Encoder and Mpeg Streamclip and changing the file extension or opening up the Quicktimes in a new project to no avail. My only solution is to re export the Quicktimes, but they break again (they work initially) and sometimes some will break and others won't, it's a mess.

Anyone else encountered this? It's bizaare, and rexporting these files in animation codec each time is taking up a lot of space on my computer.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: After Effects effects exports going offline in Premiere and relinkable.
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 2:06:09 pm

Stacey, please tell us more about your setup, system, storage, version of Premiere you are running, etc.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]