ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Add or replace video intro without re exporting?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ant GonzalezAdd or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 5:47:06 pm

Scenario: Dozens of hour long seminar videos have been exported to ProRes and also compressed to h264. The client has decided to change the intro graphic on all the videos which is only 5 seconds long but replacing the intro clip in the Premiere timelines and re-exporting the ProRes files and encoding the h264's will add days of rendering time to the job.

Question:
Is there a way to edit the ProRes and h264 files and just replace the intro clip without having to re-render everything? I have used muxing software to swap out the audio track on a video but have never dealt with altering the video track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ant GonzalezRe: Add or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 5:59:49 pm

I have Windows and OSX workstations so I can use third party alternatives for either operating system if anybody knows a non Creative Cloud solution.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Add or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 6:16:11 pm

Telestream's Episode can add intros/outros and you could automate that process to a point.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Add or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 7:47:01 pm

if your AVI's are the same frame size, and framerate, you can join them easily in the free VirtualDub.

Open the first. Set the Video to 'Direct Stream Copy'. Set the audio to 'Direct Stream Copy'. Select FILE | APPEND AVI SEGMENT, and open the next AVI in sequence. Repeat as necessary, and then select FILE | SAVE AVI. It will produce a single AVI as the output in 10 secs instead of hours.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Add or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 7:53:56 pm

I forgot to mention, if you make image sequences, you can splice them like editing without re-rendering
Or if your really creative, re-number them so they import in a new order.

Return to posts index

Ant GonzalezRe: Add or replace video intro without re exporting?
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 4:33:44 am

I saw VirtualDub but I am working with ProRes files and converting to h264 which I don't believe it supports.

Telestream's Episode software's "Split and Stitch" feature sounds like it could do the trick but it's $5,994 price tag is outside of the budget.

Conclusion: No alternative methods found. Ended up just spending 3 days re-encoding everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]