ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Need tips for editing multiple video sources witih one audio.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos SonandoNeed tips for editing multiple video sources witih one audio.
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:58:58 pm

So I have some footage. It was shot from 5 different cameras. Only one of the audio sources is usable, by design.

Some of the cameras were left running throughout the production, others were stopped and started when convenient. The file-names on all the cameras are different.

I want to use one audio source and sync the videos to it.

I understand that I've basically already screwed up on this so I just have to endure going through all the files and matching them up individually, but my question is for the future: In the future, what are some tips to when filming to make this process more simple in post? We generally shoot in a guerrilla way, so trying to learn how to shoot with multiple cameras has been quite difficult.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Need tips for editing multiple video sources witih one audio.
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:31:46 pm

Always shoot audio on the cameras...even the built in audio, as a reference. Then you can use Pluraleyes to sync up via that audio. And designate the one audio source you want as the main source. but you should ALWAYS record audio on the cameras. That's the best way to sync them up.

And avoid starting and stopping cameras if you can. The more you do, the longer this process will take.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Need tips for editing multiple video sources witih one audio.
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 2:00:11 pm

What Shane said.

If you are planning a multicam post, you will be a much happier person if you avoid starting and stopping any of the cameras for the duration of each multicam segment.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]