ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Merging video and audio causes a single stereo track to duplicate into two stereo tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot McIntoshMerging video and audio causes a single stereo track to duplicate into two stereo tracks
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 8:47:26 pm

Hello,

I'm sure I'm missing a trick here, but currently editing a short where I've been provided single track stereo recordings (wav files), and I've been merging them with clips from the Sony F3 (pro res 422 HQ).

However, after the merging process is complete (involving the removal of audio from AV clip), it's split the single stereo track into two mono tracks, but each mono track retains the exact stereo recording from the source, so the process has essentially doubled the audio when it's not needed.

Any ideas why Premiere might be doing this? I can just use one of the audio tracks from the merged clip, but wanted to make sure if there was a way round this minor issue.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Merging video and audio causes a single stereo track to duplicate into two stereo tracks
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:01:02 pm

You may wish to right-click the clip in the bin, select Modify->audio and set up the clip to work in the timeline however you want it to...

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Elliot McIntoshRe: Merging video and audio causes a single stereo track to duplicate into two stereo tracks
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:22:50 pm

Thank you for the swift reply. Unfortunately I did try and do this before, and revert the clip settings to just have a single stereo track as per the source file, however, the screen shots below show that it does not give me the option. I can only seem to decide whether I have one or two mono tracks, but they are both identical, and even when I use just one, the DB levels do not match the original recording (it's instead a fraction quieter).

It's weird as when modifying the original stereo track, it gives me all the options (see screenshot).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]