ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Mac Pro setup ideas

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel StoneMac Pro setup ideas
by on Feb 21, 2016 at 11:10:40 pm

Didn't know where else to post this, so I thought I'd ask fellow Premiere editors.

We have 5 editing seats running Adobe Premiere on the old Mac Pro towers. We're running dual monitors via DVI and client/color critical monitors out via HD-SDI on Kona 3.

It's time to upgrade and we're on the fence about whether to stay with Mac or upgrade to HP workstations, so we're trying one of each for a month before we decide on the rest.

My question is for you Mac Pro "trashcan" guys. How are you sending your client monitor and color-critical signals out?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Ron CraigRe: Mac Pro setup ideas
by on Feb 21, 2016 at 11:16:03 pm

Well, if I were doing that it would probably be with an AJA Io 4K. I want it but the reason I'm not using it is that it costs $2K and I can't justify it right now. I'll get one as soon as I can. For now I'm just looking at my image full-frame on a 4K monitor, basically as an extension of the desktop. It's not optimal and it's not what you're looking for.

From what I've read, there is a BlackMagic box that does the same thing as the AJA box, I think for a similar price. But I understand that the AJA box is a lot quieter. I don't know of any other options.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]