ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Media Encoder changing video levels

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch JordanMedia Encoder changing video levels
by on Feb 20, 2016 at 10:59:09 pm

I just did the latest CC update, but I don't know if it's the source of my trouble. I noticed that Media Encoder boosted my video levels and increased the contrast when it encoded my project. I changed half a dozen settings in both Premiere and Encoder with the same result. However, if I export directly out of Premiere, everything is fine. Has anyone else noticed this?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Media Encoder changing video levels
by on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:51:25 am

What are you using to view the file with? If you bring it back to Premiere will it match the timeline? Do you have an export LUT enabled in your AME settings?

Return to posts index

Mitch JordanRe: Media Encoder changing video levels
by on Feb 23, 2016 at 5:02:29 pm

I brought the files back into Premiere, and I viewed them on my FSI monitor. AME definately jacked up my video levels and increased the contrast. I had a broadcast safe filter applied in AME, but the results were the same if I disabled it. I flattened the contrast in my timeline, but no change on the output of AME. I finally exported directly out of Premiere Pro, and all was good. However, I frequently use AME, so I'd like to find an answer.

One other wrinkle, I shot the video in Slog3 on a Sony FS7. I color corrected in the Lumetri panel using a LUT and various adjustments. I'm new to working in Slog, so is there a chance that Slog messed things up? If I color correct in Premiere and it looks good on my broadcast monitor, shouldn't I get the same results in Media Encoder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]