ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Resizing a clip without the opposite edges moving

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico ThulinResizing a clip without the opposite edges moving
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 8:49:21 pm

I need a simple fix for this.

I have 4 different clips on the same workspace and I need to align them efficiently pixel by pixel to their respected places on the workspace. I have a problem:

If I uncheck "Uniform Scale" which I need to do, and whenever I try to scale from the top of the clip, the bottom moves with it. This can't happen as I'm trying to set the clip to a certain spot on the workspace. How can I make the clip to stay still while I resize it? So moving the top should make it so that the bottom doesn't move with it. Moving left makes it so the right side doesn't move with it. It's a norm in Vegas, so obviously it is hidden in somewhere in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Resizing a clip without the opposite edges moving
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:16:28 pm

By default, the Anchor Point is set to the centre of the image. Try setting the Anchor Point to the edge you don't want to move. Then it should just be a matter of positioning the image where you want it in the frame.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Nico ThulinRe: Resizing a clip without the opposite edges moving
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 10:33:07 pm
Last Edited By Nico Thulin on Feb 16, 2016 at 11:18:39 pm

How exactly do I do this? In the effects menu I see an option for it, but it just displays numbers. I can't visually select a corner.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Resizing a clip without the opposite edges moving
by on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:21:39 am

[Nico Thulin] "In the effects menu I see an option for it, but it just displays numbers."

The first set of numbers adjust the horizontal - the second set adjust the vertical. Simply click on one of the numbers to select what value you want to change. If you change the first set to '0' then your anchor point will move to the left side of the frame... and the image will move accordingly so you will then have to change the horizontal 'Position' to '0'. If you change the horizontal value to 1920 then the anchor point will be on the right side of the frame (assuming you're working with 1920 x 1080 clips). Now, if you deselect the 'Uniform Scale' checkbox and then change the width scale value, the image will scale from wherever the Anchor Point is.

[Nico Thulin] "I can't visually select a corner."

To visually select a corner, just click on the word 'Motion' (or the little square-ish box to the left of it) in the Effects Control window and a small circle with a cross inside will appear on your image in the program window. You can then grab that and move it to where you want. As you move it, the numbers will change accordingly.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Nico ThulinRe: Resizing a clip without the opposite edges moving
by on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:36:50 pm

Problem is that sometimes the circle is not there so I can't move it. It just blinks and disappears. Other times it is there. I have indeed clicked the clip in the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]